Why is leading so difficult to learn?
Many men cannot see their partner in their mind.
In other words they are dancing blind.
In this video we talk about how visualization can help your dance.
Specifically we discuss how to visualize your partner’s steps, embrace, and hips.
– The posture may look diagonal, but it is vertical
– Equilibrium between hip and upper body
– Correct embrace contact point
– Heel should be down and heavy
– Keeping your posture when you dance
– Dancing heavy and body weight are not related
– To avoid feeling too heavy, focus on moving together with your partner
– Be sure to relaxing your knees
– Slouching posture also contributes to heaviness
– Being as light as possible is not a good thing
In this video we answer some more questions from our viewers:
– Practicing by ourselves is boring. What can we do?
– Can musicality be taught?
– I have danced for 3 years. I have already learned many figures. But I feel limited in my dance. What shall I do?
In this video we answer some real questions from our viewers:
– My body condition fluctuates a lot. How can I always dance well in the milonga?
– I don’t like women doing adornos. Am I a male chauvinist?
– How can we learn tango quickly and avoid making a lot of mistakes?
Here are some great tips for using our knee to dance tango:
– What is the correct alignment and position for the knee
– How to relax our knee to absorb impact
– How to use our knee to walk and to pivot
– How to use our knee to move our free leg
– How to practice by ourselves
1) Practicing by ourselves vs. practicing with a partner
2) What step size should we practice?
3) Bent knee vs. straight knee, toe vs. heel
4) Study what the upper body should do
5) More momentum, more stable
6) How does your walking fit the music?
What should women do when they feel they cannot learn in group classes?
For example, when the man cannot lead the pattern well and the woman cannot practice her part?
Here are some tips:
– Learn how to respond to different situations
– Learn how to give permission
– Learn how to be calm and comfortable
– How to learn from partners who are not easy to dance with
Many women find it difficult to keep their balance.
Here are some tips to help you with your aixs:
– Learn how to use the embrace to make yourself more stable
– Do not move before the man
– Start your movement from your body, not from your leg
Part 1 – Why is the embrace difficult to learn?
Part 2 – How can we make the embrace better?
Does women technique class really work?
Why is it not effective?
How can you make it work for you?
Let’s find out!
In tango we are supposed to push the floor all the time.
What does that really mean?
And why is it a good thing to do?
Florencia already had a lot of dance experience when she started tango.
But she had a hard time with it in the beginning.
Find out why, and how she overcame the challenge!
Some key points about how women should listen to the music when they dance.
Someone I know has been dancing for a year and half. He has felt this magic tango connection a few times. He wants it to happen more often. What should he do? This video will tell you a few helpful things!
Sometimes beginners wonder when they will be ready to dance with women. They want to take more classes so they become good dancers first. But it is not how it works. Leo had the same experience when he was a beginner.
If your feet hurt when you dance here are some good tips!
There are 3 ways to practice listening to music. Find out which way is the best.
Do you have right shoulder pain when you dance? Here are some tips!